3.28.2012

3rd trip to the PT

Needless to say the easiest part of Physical Therapy s when your first greeted and spend the first 10 minutes talking...then its time to get to work!

The first exercise was that she laid down two walking sticks to resemble a + sign. I started out in the lower left corner, led of with the left foot, steeped over the cross stick, steeped sideways to the top right, then backwards to the lower  right corner. The part I liked about this was holding her hands the whole way through. Other then that I really cant get much lift from the right leg.

The next exercise was the parallel bars and walking with no assistance in various ways.
First was walking in a straight line, back and fourth. Then came the side step. Next was walking backwards. The easiest one to do here was the side stepping. The hardest, walking backwards. Thats when balance felt it was going to be lost, but hey..I never fell!

Then came the cones..Ahh the cones. First was walking a straight line, while picking my left leg and foot up and over a cone, turn around and do the same but with the right leg..which btw never cleared the top of a cone. No cheating was allowed, meaning it had to go up and over, not swung around like I usually did..(not meaning to) after that came the side stepping over each cone. These by far were the hardest of all and really wore on my legs.

I remember when I was younger and seeing people using the parallel bars for therapy and thinking, "man, just move your legs are walk normal"! its a whole different way of thinking now when its your legs that don't work like they used to..I now understand what those people felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment